Michoud Credit Union


Notice to Members for Customer Identification
Under USA Patriot Act

Pursuant to the USA Patriot Act (Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism), every financial institution in the United States will be required to ask new and existing members for identification prior to opening new accounts, adding individuals to existing accounts, and for some transactions like wire transfers and ACH. This rule became effective on October 25, 2002.

If the staff of the Michoud Credit Union asks you to provide a photo ID, the request is not meant to invade your privacy or not acknowledge you if you are a long time member. We are simply complying with a new federal regulation that is designed to protect you from identity theft and protect the credit union from being used for criminal activity.

For account transactions, you will only be asked for on form of ID. If you are opening a new account or adding someone to an existing account, you will be asked to provide at least two forms of ID. If you do not have this information with you at the time you make your request, we will not complete the transaction until it is provided.

The following is a list of acceptable IDs. The ID provided must show your Name, Social Security Number/Tax Identification Number, residence, and date of birth.

One form of identification MUST be a photo ID like a (n):

Un-expired state driver s license

Military ID card


Immigration Cards

Any other form of Government Issued ID

Employer issued photo ID *(1)

Student ID card *(2)

Other identification documents can be:

Social Security Cards

Certified Birth Certificates

Pay stubs

Immigration Documents

Un-expired employment authorization documents

Utility Bills

Notice for Customer Identification (2)

* Forms of ID noted with (*) must be accompanied by (1) a recent pay stub from your employer and Social Security card showing your social security number (2) students may be asked to provide a name of provide a name of a school official who can be contacted to confirm identity.

If you do not have the forms if ID required, visit with a Member Service Officer to Discuss your options.

Individuals opening accounts for minor children will have to provide ID for themselves and a social security card for the minor child.

Individuals openings business accounts will have to provide additional information for the business. Please see a Member Service Officer.

Thank You for your cooperation.




Send mail to customerservice@michoudcu.com with questions or comments about this web site.